Stay ahead of the game with the latest in filtration innovation, the MagnaClean Professional3 Sense, the UK’ first SMART filter.
Introducing smart technology to the 24/7 monitoring of your heating system has multiple benefits, the most important being the protection, prediction and prevention of boiler breakdown as a result of sludge.
What is sludge?
Corrosion in your central heating system causes a black, mud-like, deposit called sludge. This corrosion occurs as a result of flowing water reacting with the copper and steel throughout the system.
Sludge is the no.1 cause of boiler breakdowns in the first 5 years, causing over 60% of all breakdowns in total. A little-known fact is that most boiler breakdown insurance policies do not cover you for breakdowns as a result of sludge, and subsequent large additional costs.
Sludge causes breakdowns by clinging to areas within your heating system, causing blockages and cold spots.
Sludge is costing your system
When sludge builds up in your heating system, it puts a large amount of pressure on your boiler which can lead to potentially expensive repair bills.
Sludge can impact multiple parts of your boiler and even result in having to have these parts replaced. These are just a few examples of the parts that might be affected and the cost to replace them:
Why you should switch to SMART
• You can monitor the sludge in your system via the ADEY ProClub and HomeZone apps
• Avoid emergency call-outs
• Save up to 7% a year on central heating bills*
• Reduce the risk of boiler breakdowns
• Reduce carbon emissions by 7% per household**
• Protect the lifespan of the boiler
• Peace of mind that your heating system is being monitored 24/7
• Protects your boiler insurance cover – many insurance policies do not cover boiler breakdown as a result of sludge
To learn more about the MagnaClean Professional3 Sense, visit the product page.
*Based on July 2019 gas prices
**Based on typical 3-bedroom property, based on independent research